Tuesday, 15 August 2023

Back to school

 Yeah.... The first post on this new blog was June 2020. Over three years later and there are 8 very short and mostly useless posts. The five projects I was was trying to push myself on have gone almost nowhere. Why? Life. Imposter syndrome. Depression. Family. On and on. It is always the same list with slightly different details. 

I don't want to compare to anyone else, but just recently a friend I went to college with just published her second critically acclaimed novel. This is in addition to the multiple books of poetry and other work she's done. I am not jealous, as she is definitely the best writer I have ever read, but it just gets me thinking about time. 

I'm 50 now. What do I have to show? What legacy am I leaving? When I'm gone, will there be anything to remember me? Is there anything worth remembering? 

I signed up for another writing class that starts in a few weeks. I promise I will put full effort into it and hopefully it can spark something, somehow. 

Maybe it will lead to more blog posts, who knows? I know no one reads this but me anyway.

Goodnight

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yep...

 Yep. This is still here.   I'm still writing, just not here. Will that change? I wish I knew.  Until another time...