Friday, 17 July 2020

Let's Be Real

It dawned on me late this evening that this "blog" serves its most important purpose as a running status of my mental health. With the coronavirus having shut down a large amount of society at large, I have not been able to attend therapy as I have in the past. I know there are other ways to have sessions (phone, video-chat, virtually, etc.) but I have not felt comfortable with those. I've been okay for this first four months in lockdown. I have focused on my family, trying to put the importance of staying physically healthy first and foremost. And most of the mental health work has been in trying to keep my children engaged and as anxiety-free as possible. But for me, the last couple days have been a bit trying. Not sure why exactly. It is almost Heather's birthday. Maybe that's it. The loneliness, the lack of friends, the self-imposed impulse towards introversion. I just feel alone. Lost. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yep...

 Yep. This is still here.   I'm still writing, just not here. Will that change? I wish I knew.  Until another time...